We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Excellent as a starter or as a verrine for an aperitif, this cauliflower cream is both smooth and tasty.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 400 g of cauliflower
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 25 g of cornstarch
- 75 cl of whole milk
- 1 saffron pistil
- Remove the large green leaves from the cauliflower.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and wash it.
- Steam the cauliflower, 20 to 25 minutes, until it crushes easily.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the cornstarch, mix and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in some of the milk, then mix.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes, add the rest of the milk, the saffron pistil and the cauliflower.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Check the seasoning. Mixer. Divide the cauliflower cream into bowls and enjoy immediately.
Tip to avoid unpleasant odors:
To avoid cooking cauliflower smells, add a piece of bread (or a stale loaf of bread) to the cooking water. If there is no bread, add a cork or a spoon of baking soda.
To give more consistency to this velouté, you can accompany it with gruyere and sesame flutes.
To make the flutes, you need: 1 puff pastry, 1 egg yolk, grated Gruyere cheese and a tablespoon of black sesame seeds.
Preheat the oven to 200 °.
- Unroll the dough and brush it with the egg yolk. Sprinkle with grated Gruyere and sesame seeds.
- Cut the dough into thin 3 cm slices. Cut the strips in half so as not to have too long flutes. Take a strip and hold it at each end. Turn one side of the strip in one direction and the other end of the strip in the opposite direction.
- Place the twists as you go on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Bake for 10/15 minutes until the flutes are golden.
- Cool and enjoy with the cauliflower soup.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel